PAHA News & Updates
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: On July 11, 2022, Governor Randall Vicente authorized an Amendment to the Executive Order that issues the following. Read the full Amendment No. 09 Executive Order here.
- COVID-19 Safe Practices for all Pueblo of Acoma Residents, face masks are now optional but strongly encouraged. Social gatherings (indoor and outdoor) are unlimited; however, practice of safety guidelines is still highly encouraged.
- Modified Closure of Acoma Tribal Government Operations and Acoma Business Enterprises, business with outside entities shall coordinate access for those external business representatives. Tribal Vendors are authorized to operate at full capacity. Tribal buildings are open to the public for in-person business, with the safe practice of social distancing.
- Check Points and Road Closures, the only security checkpoint located below Old Acoma, shall remain in operation. A valid vaccination card and based on current COVID-19 numbers, a current (within 72 hours) negative COVID-19 test may be required to gain access to Old Acoma.
- Guidelines for Death of a Pueblo Member, burials and traditional wakes can resume without limited capacity unless death is caused by COVID-19.
- Cultural and Religious Activities, during the period of NO Traditional Activities, family members will be allowed access to the mesa top without a COVID test only to check their homes or to go pray. Homes needing repair atop of mesa will require family members and workers to show a negative PCR COVID Test, NO EXCEPTIONS. To date there are NO scheduled events at Old Acoma. If there are any Traditional or Cultural activities, everyone will be required to show a negative PCR COVID Test and mask/face coverings will be required. Acoma Tribal Leaders (Field Chiefs and Mothers) will decide on, and establish safety practices for Old Acoma and their decisions will be respected.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations, COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all Acoma Tribal Members, and non-Acoma Tribal Residents.
- PAHA urges everyone to follow all directives and notices issued by the Pueblo of Acoma, county, state and federal government.
Creating housing opportunities and providing services while embracing traditions and culture for the Pueblo of Acoma.
Creating innovative development opportunities for the Pueblo of Acoma.
The goal of the Pueblo of Acoma Housing Authority is to provide our tribal members with affordable, effective and equitable homes that support the vibrancy of our community and promote healthy living conditions for generations to experience.
Home ownership opportunities, housing rehabilitation programs, rental eligibility